Monday, March 31, 2008

So Tight!

This concept phone here is called a Linc, and while it looks and does everything like an iPhone, that’s not what makes it cool. What makes it stand out is that device already has its life planned out for it. Basically you lease the Linc for about a year until they send you a new one with all the fancy upgrades that usually come along a year later. You then sync all of the data from your existing phone to the new one, then ship your old one away to be recycled. Their idea is that older Linc’s could be disassembled Johnny 5 style and the materials could be re-used for future versions of the phone.
I personally think this could work simply because they make it look so easy to do. I mean, they would send you the cool new phone that makes your out-dated phone look antiquated! And getting your existing info onto your new phone would be a breeze as well. One thing they would definitely need to include is a system that wipes all the info off of your phone, I know I wouldn’t want someone getting my phone numbers off my old phone. It would be cool if Apple could implement some sort of program like this, thought I’m not quite sure how well it would go over with people.
Would you pay a monthly leasing fee instead of one big sum to be up-to-date with the coolest phone and help the environment?







No comments: