Friday, May 30, 2008

My Take on Madrid + Some extra Pics/Vids...that made me laugh.

First off it is very evident that Madrid is the capital of Spain and that at one point it was the worlds most powerful and richest city with its amazing architecture, palaces, and museums. It was absolutely gorgeous...every building was so detailed, and grandiose that we never took the metro as we preferred to walk and take in as much of the city as possible. The Retiro Park that i posted before was absolutely amazing by the way!

Sooo...I am not even going to pretend like it was easy getting by with poor Spanish because it wasn't. I really wish i would have taken advantage of all my Spanish classes that i had growing up ( my kids will be forced with the might of my fist to be fluent in at least one language other than English). That being said...we ended up getting by without great Spanish but it was tough.

We were told not to go to the Irish bars in Madrid because they are "so American" however after a long day of speaking broken Spanglish and being misunderstood we found that a little American conversation was a huge relief. Last night we went to a 7 story club called Kapital that was sooooooo sick...check my dance video bellow!

Overall i was very impressed with Madrid as a whole and would definitely return...On to Barcelona!!!!



Cool ass dude Chad we met from Southern Mississippi. Harold and Kumar....passed out hard!!!

Looking good feeling good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its like i waited my whole life, for this one night, its gonna be me and you on the dance floor!

misssss u daveeee, go ride a bull or something cause ur in spain! peeeace